Friday, December 21, 2018
Real Estate Market Buying and Selling
I have had a wee bit of a stressful week and felt like putting out a light-hearted blog today. I hope you enjoy these fun facts.
Real Estate Facts
- The median age of the average Realtor is 57.
- The average age of a first-time buyer in Canada is 29. The average repeat buyer is 52.
- The average cost of a home in Canada is just over $389,000.
- The average cost of a home in the GTA is just over $523,000.
- The two amenities that most convince couples to buy their first home are the master bathroom and the walk-in closet.
- At the opposite end of the spectrum, having a swimming pool ranks as the least important amenity when deciding on a first home.
- Only 48% of first time buyers are married couples.
- 74% of unmarried renters living alone are at least somewhat willing to live with their significant other to save money.
- Only one third of all home buyers are buying for the first time.
- Unsurprisingly, the internet is now the main source for people to search for homes (92%) and real estate agents (88%).
- On the flip side, only 17% of people now use home/real estate magazines to find the same information.
- Buyers search a median of 12 weeks and visit 10 homes.
- 57% said they would give up a home with a larger yard if it meant they could have a shorter commute.
- TGIF! The best day of the week to list your house is Friday.
Contact Me Today!
When you’re ready to buy or sell in the Burlington or Oakville area, or for general real estate advice, please contact me and I can help!
Enjoy the rest of your week!